Wow -- my house is quiet right now. It's the middle of the afternoon and all 3 of my kids are here!! Baby is napping, one kid is quietly watching tv in my room and the other is VOLUNTARILY playing in his room. I think I must have entered an alternate universe.....I'm sure I'll be pulled back into reality ever so quickly....but OHHHHH.....I am LOVING this minute!!
Today is a "rainy" day. It hasn't actually rained all that much but it has sprinkled a couple times and it feels rainy. Hmmm...maybe this is all they needed?
I've been having a really rough time with my oldest son. He is needing to practice piano and karate every day and he is making it a constant battle. I realized today he thought every time I corrected him I was "mad" at him. Now I don't think that is the whole problem, I think he just doesn't like to focus on things unless it's his idea. So I explained to him I wasn't mad and we are trying to work together to tell the difference between when I am mad and when I am just trying to help him. Interesting revelation though. I felt like we were back in 1st grade when we had constant battles with homework. He then asked me (as he has asked before) if I could HOMESCHOOL him....this I find hilarious considering how hard it is for us to work on anything together. And also because he is a very social creature and he would go crazy if I tried to keep him here. Funny how when we are 8 the solutions we think of are so off base -- but wait, I think I still have that problem today :)
I wrote a big rant on The Two Coreys a few weeks ago. Now, I am actually sitting with my hands covering my eyes most the time and the other half just feels incredibly sad for Mr. Haim. He seems to have no real friends and is very messed up. These producers are just exploiting him...I know he is being paid but clearly he would do anything right now for money and/or attention. It's just gotten sadder and sadder. Yet I watch. I'm a riddle trapped inside an engima, what can I say??
Loving reading/watching all the ComicCon panels from last weekend. I told my hubby I want to go one year -- but then I realized I'd be doing a lot of waiting in line or just being frustrated with the crowds.....It's so much nicer just kicking back and watching everything "close up" on You Tube.... Hmmm...which would you prefer, live or memorex?? Then again the LIVE things I've attended I wouldn't trade in for the world.
Can we all say random post? See this is how my brain works when there is quiet. It doesn't know what direction to turn!!
High - SILENCE
LOW - Fighting over piano practice!
Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment