Hmmm...you probably think I'm about to rant on some political issue. No, that's not me. I don't talk politics with people for the most part unless we basically agree anyway. One thing I've learned in my 35 years is that people's deepest beliefs tie into their political beliefs and therefore make them feel attacked when either they hear a differing opinion or feel as if someone is trying to sway them. And so in the eyes of your conversationalist you just become a pompous buffoon! So basically it's like talking to a brick wall....and that brick wall goes both ways, so I'm preaching to the choir here (ok, I just felt like a few more cliched metaphors).
But the politics to which I am referring are the social type of politics. The other thing I've learned in my 35 years is that you just can't merely just join a group. Be it an organization, sport, school or church without there being some kind of politics surrounding it. Now, this took me a little longer to learn because I had a very sheltered childhood. I grew up in several different small and sheltered communities. The people my dad worked with and their families were at my school, they were neighbors and they were involved in any of the few activities I participated in. So I got the impression the reason the politics I observed were more due to no separation between work and home -- no separation between public and private life -- much like how Bragelina's kids must feel :). But now that I've slowly become involved in many things with my kids I'm starting to see no matter how much you try to avoid social politics, it's always there. Even in the most innocent of children's activities. Which to me is hilarious because I'm thinking -- REALLY?? SERIOUSLY?? You are UPSET by something so trivial? Do you have time between car pools, running to practices, laundry, dinner and numerous other family obligations to be UPSET about THAT?? If this is you, do me a favor and keep me out of it! I'm just trying to get my kids from point a and b and remember to feed them along the way -- and hopefully they are in clean clothes !!
BTW this is not about anything specific just a few things that have happened over the last year as we've gotten more involved in things -- which is ironic because I'm by nature a hermit so getting involved in things is difficult for me. But when things happen I guess I probably overreact to it due to my thin hermit shell!
High - Today we are doing one of our summer traditions of a picnic at a certain lake with my parents. We do it at least once but sometimes twice a year. Family traditions are nice.
Low - The kids have been a challenge. BICKERING. WHINING. FIGHTING. But yesterday was better than Monday....so I'm hoping today is better than yesterday.
Go and kiss and hug your kids even if they are making you pull your hair out -- Wawa's orders!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it! Hope I am not "one of those people"
:)
But if I dont have kids yet...who do I kiss? I did hug a beautiful African boy last week..does that count? He jumped into my arms before I had a chance to remove my camera, resulting in him hitting his head on it...poor thing.
Post a Comment