Have you ever been complimented by a stranger and it made your day?
A lady I know from the gym only by sight, (she's been going since I used to go all the time 4 & 5 years ago, but we never talk, just smile at each other) came up to me today and said, "Wow, you've sure lost your baby weight fast! You look great!" Me, always quick to be hard on myself said, "Well, she is 15 months!" Then I remembered I don't take compliments well and said "thank you so much, that is really nice to hear!!" Course, I'm so hard on myself, all I've been focused on is the weight I've been trying to lose RIGHT NOW....so it made me stop and think back to last summer. I was 20 pounds heavier last August!! 20 pounds in a year is not something to be down on myself about!!
So thanks "Random Gym Lady" for making me take a step back and putting things in perspective.
Good thing since I DEFINITELY will be in a bathing suit tomorrow. Next to Ms Size 0 in her itsy bitsy bikini. I'll probably start hyperventilating -- paper bag anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Judging by the last pictures I saw of you I will add my compliments and say you look great! But to me youve always looked great. Even when lost in Vegas...
Anne, I just saw you this week, and you are loosing the baby weight! It didn't go on over night, and it wont come off over night either. (at least thats what my mantra has been).
We're in this together girl, although, my goal is to loose 20 lbs by my 10th anniversary! So I can rock that bathing suit on any trip I may be surprised with ;)
Here's to looking great!!!!
Post a Comment