Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Irony of it All!!

Ok - how is this for poetic irony? After working toward weight goal #1 so diligently, our camping trip #1 was so cold that I didn't need to even have brought a swim suit!! I actually did wear it one day with a sweatshirt over it. However, never fear...where we go a week from tomorrow will be HOT. And that is the real trip I was worried about!

Camping was just a casual thing this trip. We just hung out and visited. But it was so cold at night and we were the only ones without a camper. We had two thermal sleeping bags, so the boys huddled under one and the baby huddled under the other with me and hubby. So we didn't get a lot of sleep, but we all made up for it last night. The cold had to have burned some calories, right??

I'm waiting until tomorrow to jump back into my exercise regime. I think the kids and I just need to chill here today. Although, I start to get ancy now when I don't get my exercise in so I might find some way to do something, a walk at the park perhaps? I walked in some flip flops I hadn't seen in a year and got blisters, so putting on shoes just doesn't sound appealing -- and my hamstrings hurt from the flip flops!!

2 comments:

Jen (a.k.a. motor mouth) said...

That is kinda funny!!!!! A sweatshirt over a bathing suit? Then why put it on in the first place ;)
My hamstrings hurt from my flip flops too. We should invent a flip flop workpout, we might be on to something there!
Welcome back!

Beatnik said...

Or take a look at Linni's latest post! Her Flip flops dry rotted. She has an awesome way of telling a story.