I was making some interesting observations this morning. The roadblocks mommy's face when trying to lose weight. There is the obvious: harder to find time to exercise, all those yummy snacks around all the time, and of course well, baby weight & age.
Here are some things around my house that have been a problem:
I asked for an exercise ball for Christmas, and MIL gave me one, yeah!! I love using them at the gym. I've always wanted my own but I didn't want the hassle of having it around. Well, my first instinct was right. I hide it, the kids find it and start bouncing it around. I hear one bounce and my shoulders are up to my ears. It's driving the hubby and I CRAZY! But then when it's hidden I forget about it.
Another funny thing this morning is that AW had spotted the "blueberry waffles" in the freezer and wanted them for breakfast, as well as the last of the frozen blueberries we'd picked this summer (the good stuff). Of course, the waffles were expensive, high fiber, 6 to a box, with added vitamins, etc. I told him he could have some but he'd better like it. Course, he ate one then he didn't like them. Then he wanted some of the blueberries, which were also set aside for my diet. Is nothing sacred?? Last week I bought a container of strawberries that CW ate most of while I was in the shower.
Now, do you wonder why I need my chocolate??
On another note, thanks to some bowling practice on the Wii a few weekends ago, last night I went real bowling and beat two manly men 2 out of the 3 games! I rwock! (as CW says)
Happy Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Had to laugh. ABout the waffles. Nicholas and Samantha do the same thing all the time.
Mommy roadblocks?
What the heck ar eyou doing trying to lose weight anyway? Sheesh, you would think you would know better. I say, Eat Healthy, stay active, and let the rest take care of itself. I thought you looked fine all the pictures Ive seen.
Thats funny your kids hoodwinked you like that. My kids would of been mighty full after I stuffed that Waffle down their gullet.
Just kidding. But too funny!
Hey! I make waffles all the time..and Ive had to make them without sugar thanks to a diabetic boyfriend. I use fine-grained whole wheat flower (less carbs for the diabetic..and it happens to also be healthier) and splenda sugar-replacement. If you use low fat milk and replace some of the butter with oil you can also make them low-fat. Still tastes great! I use the same approach with muffins. Healthy AND tasty! Go figure. In fact Im thinking of making whole wheat date- and pistachio muffins tonight...a recipie I dreamt...but thats another story.
Post a Comment