Well - I did it! I signed my baby (now 1, not so much a baby as a toddler I guess) up for child care at the gym. I have a certain side of the family who I know will freak out that I did this. And I'm not so sure Dr. Laura would approve BUT it has come down to this or Prozac. And really, I think if I can avoid going on drugs with exercise and I need an hour of child care here and there then really I think it's an ok choice. Yes, I could find creative ways to exercise with my child. But 1) she isn't fond of her stroller and 2) I know I won't.
I'm totally sore from Powerflex (1 hour weight class) but it feels good. I've had so many sore muscles lately it was good to stretch them out.
So it was both a high and low moment because I started realizing it's now only 2 more years and she could go to preschool, 4 until kindergarten. And in only 10 more years my son will be graduating from high school!!! YIKES!
Looking forward to celebrating National Scrapbook Day or as I call it -- MY day away from the grind!! Hmmm...how many books of Jen's will I pick up and start reading this time??
Happy Mother's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Anne,
1o years until our boys graduate! Thats insane, and I know it's going to go by faster than the first 8 years (or in my case 7 3/4).
I think Tom Cruise would think you made the wise choice....exercise over prozac!!!!
See you this afternoon!
J
Wow! Are those people that Delusional they would freak you let someone entertain your child for an hour? Its not like you are leaving her for even half a day. Besides who is in charge of your life anyway? You have to live with you, not them. Take care of yourself and all else will take care of itself.
Im on your side.
Beat
I do not understand where you find your energy to be a mom, do housework, scrapbooking AND working out at the gym. I bow in awe...Next time we meet I shall kiss your feet and the ground you walk upon.
Post a Comment