Last week when I was dropping CW at preschool, I hit my unlock button a couple times. Each time a car nearby had the alarm go off. I thought it was a really strange coincidence for it to happen on my way in and out of the building. This morning I went around to get JW out and hit the unlock button -- an alarm goes off again. As I walk towards the school I'm pretty sure it is the same car from last week. I asked her if it was possible that my unlock button was setting off her alarm. She said it had happened before with an old co-worker. So as I left I was going to put the key in my side door to open it instead of the automatic. Then I realized only the drivers side had an actual key hole. Holding a heavy car seat and being in a bit of a hurry anyway, I thought, well, there is one way to see if it's really me setting it off. I click the unlock button and HONK HONK HONK HONK! Yep, sure enough it's me! So I threw JW in the car and was outta there before the lady came out again!!
Which reminds me of a purse I had when I was newly married. It was always setting off the store security sensors as I'd leave. It took me awhile to figure that out. Sometimes I would have stuff I bought or sometimes I would just be walking in. It got to the point that I figured it out and I would hold my purse up while walking thru....now I"m sure that didn't look suspicious, eh??
What can I say, I like to turn heads ;)
Oh, and Happy Birthday to a certain megastar today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh..Ive been through the "setting-off-alarms-while-entering-and/or-exiting-store" deal with purses as well...I realized, after one of the people working in one of said stores had gone thought all the content in my purse just to make sure I hadnt stolen anything (f-ing prick), that the store I had bought the purse in had inserted an alarm-sticker in one of the inner pockets (and forgotten to remove it). Did I get an apology from the guy dropping all my personal belongings from the purse onto the desk? No.
Post a Comment