Happy Weekend faithful and loyal readers. I didn't mean to go all James Frey on you about my addictive personality. (yes, that is a little bw.com book club humor or even Oprah humor).
I was thinking of tv shows as I hand mopped the floor yesterday..... I think in the past the shows I was the most addicted to are the ones you need to watch and rewatch to really "get" it all. Moonlighting. The Office (us version). Lost. All were pretty monumental in using new and different storytelling device. Yes, I know The Office was a british remake. But still they copied the new story device but still made it their own. That's another blog. And I like snappy dialogue. That makes me happy. Which is why I need to rewatch because I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Speaking of which, MidSummer Nights Dream by the middle school was interesting. They had their lines memorized but annunciating was not really their strong suit. But I think considering it all they did pretty good even if I couldn't hear what they were saying most the time. And AW really enjoyed it which I thought was pretty cool for an almost 8 year old to appreciate Shakespeare. And he seemed to get the jist of what happened.
You know what I hate about being on a diet? Other people KNOWING you are on a diet. And also going to others houses and either being polite but then going against your diet or the extra work it takes to continue ON the diet and appear rude. So we are going to go to the in laws last minute for dinner last night. Problem #1 is that it is a Friday in Lent and we (Matt, me and kids) observe the no meat on Friday Catholic tradition. I knew his parents didn't. So first we had to arrange to bring some fish. Then I knew I wanted to have some salad because her sides and veggies are always laden with butter and bacon. Which phase 2 of my diet is no high saturated fat foods. Yes, I could have used my one day a week to splurge, but I'd prefer to use that on a really yummy dessert! So I had to make our own salad to bring too. Plus she wanted me to bring two loaves of bread, buttered. I had to make everything while I was feeding and bathing the baby. Sometimes just eating at home is much easier! Anyway, that whole deal exhausted me! It is nice to be invited for dinner but at some point, it would be easier to just visit after a meal. Food seems to take on a whole side drama of it's own!!
Two blogs I've been enjoying courtesy of Mandy and Jen. Both medical in nature:
Six Year Med Student
Labor & Delivery
Please share any fun ones you've been reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Remember I told you the only "Diet" people should be on is the DTMS(Do The Math Stupid) "diet". If you eat 400 calories, there is a simple math formula that will tell you how many push ups you need to take off 500 calories worth of real food enjoyment. Real food meaning NOT Fat Free, Sugar Free, Taste Free, its all the same.
Sounds like all that fussing about and worrying about eating at your inlaws took care of a couple hundred calories by itself. I say eat whatever your inlaws are serving and when you leave, you run home, while your husband drives the kids. I say eat responsibly, and never call it a Diet and you will be ok. Oh and if you have to cut back on unprocessed food to lose weight, you got other problems.
You already Know by the links on my Page I enjoy reading the Steve Dont eat it!
Beat - The diet I am doing is just eating healthy and watching the calories. So I'm not doing anything weird. But due to family genes I also am predisposed to carry a lot of weight in certain areas which requires me to really watch my saturated fat intake. And I am eating mostly unprocessed foods and avoiding the processed, so I'm good on the Beat eating plan. But the problem with the inlaws was more about that it was a Friday during lent and we are trying to teach the kids to stand up for our beliefs, so caving for a free meal doesn't really work. And who likes to run anyways??
Post a Comment