In order to write this blog I'm going to have to make a horrible confession: I watched the first season of
The Two Coreys . It was like a train wreck. I didn't want to watch it but I couldn't stop. I even turned it off a few times but I always went back. You see, in the early '90s, I actually had an "encounter" with
Feldman (I sold him something at Disneyland, totally legal substance at the time -- except for the purple suit and white make up he was wearing) so once I have any kind of "encounter" with a celebrity I just can't look away. Plus they starred in some classic 80s movies that got me through puberty. Considering the fact that A&E is usually a place for high class quality programming, I found their placement on their channel rather odd -- though seeing the ads for some of their other new reality programming I guess it's now a big part of their business. Anyway, Season 1 basically consisted of both the
Coreys and Mrs.
Feldman yelling at each other. Usually over the same things,
Haim is dirty,
Haim is in the way,
Haim is smoking,
Haim wants to do Lost Boys II. It really wasn't that insightful into their lives except that they had a lot of free time. I wish I had that much free time! I could not BELIEVE they were returning. I told myself don't set the
Tivo - but (hangs head) set it I did. Apparently,
Feldman didn't believe it was returning either because they spent the first 1/2 hour just trying to convince him to see
Haim. His manager and his wife were in cahoots which cracked me up. If my husband and my manager were working on me behind my back I'd throw the cameras out immediately -- OH WAIT -- Didn't he SEE the cameras?? Maybe he already KNEW he'd have to meet
Haim??? It's the PREMISE?!? However, I kid you not, this season they are (I'm not kidding you) REAL. SERIOUSLY. Besides using the words, Kidding, Real, Seriously, & *bleepin'*, they make very sketchy accusations of each of them having been molested as young teens. I think in order for them to get the contract for this second season, A&E said "You seriously must come up with something REAL and we are NOT KIDDING". Their marriage counsellor sent
Haim home to "paint out all his anger". So I gotta say - this is getting pretty
freakin' real...
Until next Monday when I tell you what happens next....
I guess watching this was my LOW this week - My high is that I have both boys in camp this week and I got all caught up on laundry yesterday WOO HOO!!!!
1 comment:
Marty loves this show..I can't get into it. I agree with you, that it's a train wreck.
Post a Comment