Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yard Duty

The yard work has been looming over us/me lately. I am not a natural at yard work. Matt has little time for it. The last two summers we had a yard service and last year our yard looked SO NICE!! (despite our missing fence on one side and the back one that is falling apart!) But this year we'd like to get the fence on one side finished so we decided to not have the yard service so we could save money for the fence. Matt said he'd mow and he has a few times, usually when it's way over due, but he does work a lot and has been coaching the baseball team, so while I get embarrassed I understand. But that doesn't include trimming bushes, pulling weeds and planting something in our raised flower bed that has become the neighborhood mud pit. So today Kid #1 and I decided to attack the mud pit! We had a huge mountain in the middle, tons of rocks in it (our area is covered in rocks, it's horrible!). But we got it flattened for the most part in an hour. Then we went to the store and got fertilizer and a couple things to plant for today. No where near pulled out all the rocks, but we made a dent. It was a huge project and I am one sore puppy! But I am feeling like I actually accomplished something today (been awhile since I've felt that!) and a few of the other projects around the yard aren't seeming as big and scary anymore. Tomorrow weather permitting I'm going to clean up the front. Yeah me!!

1 comment:

Ski said...

Way to go! I would love to have a yard...and a house...or at least an apartment...