I've been struggling this week with the concept of Balance. Yesterday in order to get my hair cut and colored which was way over due, it required four other people to give up something in their lives to make it happen. It almost was 5. Adam was going to be speaking in his mass yesterday morning. I'd sent Matt the week before because I had the date wrong (oops!). So now the real date came and Matt wasn't able to take him to school or attend the mass, and I had a very busy morning planned. Plus, for me to attend it would mean taking Loud and Louder with me. I told Adam Wed. night that I couldn't go I was just too busy. He was really sad, but I told him it was just a couple lines and I was there last year when he had a really big part. Well, after saying that I started thinking. At the Dr. Laura show she talked about how parents are so busy nowadays and well, she read a really emotional poem. Now, my kids are hardly neglected. But I started thinking about how I stay home to raise them so I can BE at things like this. So I got up an hour early, I got Loud and Louder up an hour early, fed, dressed and all 4 of us left in the bitter wind and cold and we went to the Mass. It was the right thing to do. And Louder screamed at the top of her lungs every time the church got quiet....and the whole school turned and looked at us. She was just making an impression. And Adam did his reading and was looking right at me.
So that was my HIgh/Low for yesterday.
But the concept of balance has been really on my mind this week. I may have to write more about.... How do you save money on groceries while trying to buy healthy? Add exercise back in your life....you are too tired to clean the house. Life is definitely a series of give and take.
Happy Weekend....check my photoblog next week for snow pictures from the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Anne-
You are great with words as well! I know we all have a hard time with balance, but I keep reminding myself I am only one person. I am trying to keep up with FLY lady routines.
You did do the right thing. We had to miss nicholas's jog a thon last year for the settlement conference. Low and behold, this year he asked if we were going to be at the jog a thon. I told him "have I ever NOT gone to one of your events?" His reply was "last years jog a thon." Nice. They do remember the big things, that we think are "little". We won't get these years back, so while it seems to be an inconvience at times, its a big thing in their world :)
Can't wait for the snow pictures!!
I really should get back into fly lady when we get back from vacation. Having a cleaning lady come twice a month until the end of November spoiled me and now without her I feel totally lost. Everytime the kids dump something out I just want to cry! This week I started writing some routines, so maybe I'll get back on the horse. I haven't been on it in awhile!
Yeah you have a way with words alright. I posted on your Im Back thread. I didnt mean what I said. I need to update my fairly neglected blog.
Here is a MUST read for you: "I was a really good mom before I had kids". It's very funny! But it also helps balance and manage priorities. I loved the title...that's why I bought it at Borders. More later...
Post a Comment